Throughout 2022, VFN embarked on its first-ever strategic planning process. This member-driven, member-led process incorporated the ideas and input of more than 80% of VFN’s member organizations. The resulting plan, presented here, will drive and shape the organization’s work over the next three years.
A special thanks to VFN’s Founding Advisory Board, Strategic Planning Committee, membership, and staff for their commitment and dedication to the development of this inaugural framework!
Official release statement
After a 10-month, member-driven strategic planning process, VFN is proud to release our first-ever Strategic Framework!
More than 80% of VFN’s member organizations provided ideas and input to shape this plan which will drive VFN’s work over the next three years. Specifically, we will work together to:
- Build and strengthen diverse, connected, trust-based networks of funders.
- Connect members to information and data that can inform effective philanthropic decision-making.
- Encourage and foster philanthropic collaborations and build relationships with national funders that bring increased awareness to the needs and opportunities in Virginia.
- Represent institutional philanthropy in the Commonwealth, collaborate with cross-sector leaders, and advocate on behalf of philanthropy whenever necessary, and
- Ensure that VFN is a strong, stable organization ready to advance our mission and meet the challenges of the work for years to come. Continue reading…