Today, after a 10-month, member-driven strategic planning process, VFN is proud to release our first-ever Strategic Framework!
More than 80% of VFN’s member organizations provided ideas and input to shape this plan which will drive VFN’s work over the next three years.
Specifically, we will work together to:
- build and strengthen diverse, connected, trust-based networks of funders.
- connect members to information and data that can inform effective philanthropic decision-making.
- encourage and foster philanthropic collaborations and build relationships with national funders that bring increased awareness to the needs and opportunities in Virginia.
- represent institutional philanthropy in the Commonwealth, collaborate with cross-sector leaders, and advocate on behalf of philanthropy whenever necessary, and
- ensure that VFN is a strong, stable organization ready to advance our mission and meet the challenges of the work for years to come.
We look forward to partnering with you as we implement our first-ever Strategic Framework, work together to build a connected, collaborative philanthropic community in the Commonwealth, and ensure that all communities across Virginia are empowered and supported by a strong and vibrant philanthropic sector.
Advisory Board Chair
CEO, Richmond Memorial Health Foundation
Strategic Planning Chair
VP of Programs, The Cameron Foundation
Chief Executive Officer
Virginia Funders Network